Monday, June 9, 2008

If at first you don't succeed..


Life can be so damn frustrating!
I have been trying to move my life to the city (San Francisco) for too many years now. Time and time again I've tried to make the transition to the city by the bay, but it always seems to be one thing or another that holds me back.
I have considered the possibility that I've put this "life change" up on a pedestal thinking that it'd make me completely happy, and there is a chance that it won't. However this hasn't been one of those "spur of the moment" ideas. I've been thinking about this since before I graduated High School. Most of my close friends live in or around San Francisco and I pretty much am there most weekends as it is.
I've been rethinking a lot of my "life goals" the past couple weeks. Number one on the list is my vocation.
Now I love working on cars, and using this to help people. Not much these days can make me quite as happy as this, but I've been thinking "what if there's something else out there I could do?" Now granted I'm not the most skilled person you'd ever meet. In fact I don't really have too many useful skills, and not being able to find a mechanic job in or around San Francisco has been the biggest obstacle for me to move.
Who knows maybe it's just not meant to be or maybe the time is wrong, but for good measure I'm going to try again this summer.
Wish me luck..

No comments: